Sunday 9 September 2012

D.I.Y Goddess Headband






















Setting up: Wear old clothing that you don't mind getting dirty and covered in gold spray.
Use newspaper and work in a well-ventilated area, or outside.

Step 1: Spray the paper flowers, including the stalks, over the newspaper (I used gold car spray paint, but you can use craft spray paint, or just paint)
Step 2: Spray both sides of the fake leaves over the newspaper
Step 3: Leave everything to dry (it took about an hour for mine to dry) and make sure nothing is overlapping otherwise they'll stick together. I used pliers to hold the flowers and leaves while spraying them, and wore rubber gloves because the spray paint was super strong and doesn't wash off skin too quickly. I also used a thin, old paintbrush to paint the insides of the flowers, or anywhere the spray missed. 
Step 4: Once everything is dry, wrap the flowers around the headband. 
Step 5: Tuck the leaves into the entwined flowers (or glue them, but I wanted to have the option of removing the leaves)

I made this headband for a fancy dress party and dressed up as a roman goddess. The leaves added to the roman look, but because I didn't glue the leaves on, I can happily remove them after the party and have a gorgeous golden flower crown.

8 comments:

  1. Cute! I'm getting married next fall and this could be so cute for the flower girl.

    Have a great day XO

    Jill

    jillianturner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow so creative! followed you in gfc, hope you can follow back! http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a good idea! Gold is my favourite colour xx

    www.satinandsouffles.com
    www.satinandsouffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how it turned out! These are so fun to make, aren't they :)
    xo dana
    thewonderforest.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dana :) Oh they are, and extremely messy too, some of my clothes are now permanently sparkly :P
      xxx

      Delete
  5. This is such a good idea - might have to give it a go! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot tell you how much I love this!!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read every single one.
Pop back again soon!
x

P.s. please no 'follow for follow'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...