Sunday 25 November 2012

Storyteller Exhibition by Tim Walker

Quote by Tim Walker

I'm sure we've all heard of Tim Walker's magical, whimsical, nostalgic and enchanting photography. He has definitely got to be one of my favourite and most inspirational artists, and I couldn't wait to visit his exhibition at the beautiful Somerset House. I am researching Tim Walker's work for my art A Level, studying how stories are told through photography. The project also includes a 3000 word essay, which normally make me loose the will to live, however this essay has been particularly easy. I was surprised by just how much I could write about Tim Walker, and that essays are easier to write of you are really passionate about the topic you are writing about. The exhibition visit was partly for research, but I would have gone even if I wasn't studying him, I also got a little carried away in the shop and bought his Storyteller book (it's enormous!) and three postcards. I thought I'd share with you some photos I took at the exhibition, along with photos from my sketchbook, Tim Walker's book and postcards. Prepare yourself for a photography overload! (All images and photos taken by me)










































































































Did you visit the exhibition? What do you think of Tim Walker's work?
x

11 comments:

  1. stunning photographs, I'd love to see this exhibition xxx

    http://ileftmyheartinmiami.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know much about photography, but I seriously love these and really want that book!
    Your blog is so cute, i love it!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you can get his books on eBay/Amazon. I've already got my eye on his Pictures book :) x

      Delete
  3. so beautiful, i love his work!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ps. enter my new xmas giveaway to win lots of presents from lush and more! click here :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE his work! So creative and quirky!
    xo dana
    thewonderforest.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still need to get down to see the exhibition but Tim Walker is THE man! I literally am in love with the way he photographs everything <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are so pretty. I love the hats piece. Can't believe you do so much work for your art A levels, I did basically nothing in the art equivalent here (called the hsc) haha. And we never studied any artists as cool as this! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, well the best thing about A Levels is that it's all independent, so we get to chose our own themes and artists, and so by choosing my favourite artist I'm always really motivated to do research, I really enjoy it and put so much more time and effort into my art than my other subjects, oops :P
      x

      Delete
  7. Lovely photos and I really love your blog x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I read every single one.
Pop back again soon!
x

P.s. please no 'follow for follow'

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...